As a parent, we all understand the importance of reading to our children. Not only is reading a fun activity, but it provides several benefits, including the following:
Children who read often and widely get better at it.
• Reading exercises the brain, building and creating new connections in the brain.
• Reading improves concentration.
• Reading teaches children about the world around them.
• Reading improves vocabulary and language skills.
• Reading develops a child’s imagination.
• Reading helps children to develop empathy.
• Reading is a great way to bring families together and to spend time with one another.
• Children who read tend to achieve more in school.